Twitter is a social networking tool that can help promote your restaurant in important ways. Read on to learn how to use Twitter for restaurant marketing.
Restaurant Marketing: How Can Twitter Help?
Twitter is a social networking tool often called a “microblog.” Twitter allows you to quickly share news and updates with friends and family. Creating an account is quick and free. Once you have created an account, you will want to build your “followers” – which are people who are interested in what you’re up to and what’s on your mind.
Etiquette and Best Practices
There are many rules of etiquette and best practices for Twitter marketing which we won’t go in to here. Primarily, this post is just to encourage those of you who do not already have a Twitter account to create one and start learning more about how it can help with your overall restaurant marketing.
A Few Uses for Twitter in Restaurant Marketing:
- Specials – Announcing those how new limited time creations to customers just before lunch or dinner.
- Recruiting – Announcing you are hiring and asking for referrals/applicants.
- Media Relations – Keeping in front of restaurant industry journalists and food media.
- Crisis Communications – Getting word out quickly and easily in response to a crisis situation.
- Last Minute Promotions & News – A pop star just walked in and offered to play a few sets for your customers for free.
- Building Customer Base – Word of mouth spreads faster in the age of social media and can help you connect with more customers in more ways.
This is by no means an all inclusive list of how you can use Twitter for marketing your restaurant but it is at least a start and hopefully enough to get you to take the plunge if you haven’t already. And if you still need more motivation, check out how Kogi used Twitter to become a huge hit both with customers and media. Oh, and once you do create your account, be sure to follow me (@QMG). Also be sure to check out Boosting Restaurant Revenue Part TWO: Restaurant SEO and Getting Found Online Aaron Allen & Associates provides a holistic approach to the restaurant business. From conception to implementation, we pride ourselves on our commitment to the details, building concepts from the inside out. With experience in all 6 inhabited continents, in over 100 countries, and a client base who posts a combined $100 billion annually, we let our results speak for themselves.